Thursday, November 06, 2008

medallion challenge





This was such a fun challenge! I don't think I've ever done one of the "Try a New Technique" challenges on Splitcoast before, but this one sure was neat. Click here for Becca's tutorial. You basically take the largest circle Nestabilities die and divide it into 8 equal pieces. Then you take a corner punch and remove the little plastic guide around it and punch inside each of the 8 pieces. With this particular corner punch I had to snip the inside out with scissors. I then coated the entire thing with Versamark ink and sprinkled glitter embossing powder over it. The reindeer stamp is from the "unmounted stamps that I have no idea who makes them because I've had them so long and never used them" pile. If you know who makes it, please email me!



I stamped this guy and colored him with my Dove Blender pen and inks. I then covered him with Spica glitter pens. Voila! I mounted everything on top of the new Basic Grey Wassail paper. Gotta get some if you don't already have it. They make the best Christmas paper! Thanks for stopping by!

Reindeer:
Stamps:  reindeer (unknown), sentiment (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Papertrey Ink, Basic Grey
Ink:  Black Memento; Versamark (Tsukineko), Mellow Moss, Cranberry Crisp, Creamy Caramel (SU) 
Accessories:  Nestabilities, Dove Blender pen, corner punch (EK Success), embossing powder (Stampdendous), foam tape

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger KVC said...

Okay, the instructions were like a foreign language to me. I don't know what any of that is or means.

Anyway, very nice card. I really like it!

Thanks for submitting pictures for the 12 Days of Halloween on my blog.

KV

9:17 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Powered by Blogger