Friday, August 24, 2007

floor update

Well, the good news is the leak is fixed and repaired. The bad news is the floor can't be. It has to be replaced. So that's what they did today. The floor guys came and ripped up my floor. I'm not happy about it, but it will look brand new when they finish. The guy who does our floors did cut us a break on the price because we've given him a lot of business. Here's a couple of pictures of what they did today.





Oh, and here's the hole in my wall.



One good thing about my floor troubles, it gives me reason to stay upstairs in my room and work on stuff. Here's a card I finished yesterday.



I totally ripped off Amy Westerman's card. I just loved the paper combination she used. She is just so talented! Check out her blog if you haven't already. I loved the sketch so much, I replicated it with this card.



If you noticed, I whipped out my handy dandy sewing machine too. Fred would be so proud that I actually used my "$300 paper weight", as he calls it. I stamped and embossed the pumpkin then painted it with Radiant Pearls. I used to use these all the time, but haven't lately for some reason. Probably because I have too much stuff! If you've never used them before, they are transparent pearlized paints similar to watercolors. They take a while to dry, so blending is really easy. Here's a close up of the pumpkin.



I think I used about 5 different colors on it. I didn't wait for it to dry, so I embossed it with clear embossing powder. It looks so much better in real life. As does everything! I hope I didn't peak your interest too much about Radiant Pearls, because unfortunately, I don't think they sell them anymore. I know, it's just tragic! I'll have to make the ones I have last a long time!

1 Comments:

Blogger KVC said...

Your floors are beautiful. They are striking when you walk in to your home. Hopefully they will get repaired quickly and look as if nothing ever happened. Keep on crafting!!

7:06 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Powered by Blogger