Wednesday, August 22, 2007

floor trouble

I noticed about 3 weeks ago that the hardwood floor just on the other side of the kitchen had started to warp. All things pointed to the kitchen sink. I looked underneath the cabinet and never did find anything. We had a leak detection company come out today and he couldn't see anything. They had this little hose with a camera on the end of it and still didn't see anything. Well, he had to cut a hole in the wall between the cabinet and the other side of the wall where the sheetrock is and reach his hand in and feel. He got his little camera again and showed me where the leak was. Apparently, when the house was built and they were nailing the sheetrock, they missed the stud and went right into the pipe which has now started to leak. He's going to have to come back tomorrow and cut another hole on the wall side and remove the nail and patch the hole. Now we have to wait about 60 days for the hardwoods to dry out and see if they can be sanded and repaired. If not, we'll have to replace the floor. Oh joy! Here's a picture of the floor and where they have to cut a hole.



In other news, I went to my local scrapbook store today and picked up some new stuff. Just some paper and buttons and flowers among other things. I really need to start scrapbooking some pictures. I've been doing a lot of cards lately, like this one I did yesterday.



If I don't start scrapbooking soon, I'm going to get way behind and end up with a million pictures I need to do!

I've been anxiously awaiting my order from Papertrey Ink. They are a great new stamp company. Nichole, the owner and designer, has created some really cool stamps! Every month on the 15th, they release a new set of stamps...sometimes even two or FIVE like they did last month! The Halloween collection this month is really cute and the projects in the gallery are simply amazing! There's also a flower set this month. I, of course, ordered both. I can't wait to get them! You should definintely check these out if you haven't already! Happy stamping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Powered by Blogger