Sunday, October 11, 2009

birthday mojo



Finally, a moment to sit down and update my blog. I made this card on Friday, but I've been so busy this weekend with other things that I haven't had a chance to get online. I know...tragic.

This week's Mojo Monday sketch was a doozy. I was inspired by Tosh's snowman card. I just loved it when I saw it! I really like how she did the glittery pendant behind the image. That's what I was trying to emulate here. Instead of the Spellbinder's Fleur de lis, I used one of the Cuttlebug flower die sets and cut it apart.

The main image is from a Basic Grey set called Sahara. I think my mom gave them to me for my birthday this year. Thanks, Mom! The paper is called Marrakech also from Basic Grey. I tried my best to match what Copics I had to the paper. I don't have one of those fancy schmancy Copic airbrush thingies, so I masked the image and sponged on the Distress Ink. (I really think I need one of those!)

Thanks for looking!


Birthday:
Stamps: flower (Basic Grey), sentiment (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Basic Grey, Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger Industries)
Accessories: Nestabilities, Copic markers, Cuttlebug, Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura), glitter (Stampendous), Baubles (Stamping Bella), foam tape

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Your card is really beautiful. I LOVE the colors!

5:01 PM CDT  
Blogger Beate said...

Stunning card. I love the flower frame behind the main image!
Hugs and smiles

5:58 AM CDT  
Blogger Beate said...

Beautiful! I love the frame you created.
Hugs and smiles

6:40 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Powered by Blogger