Tuesday, January 29, 2008

fab birthday



This is the card I made my brother-in-law for his birthday. I don't know about you, but I have a hard time making masculine cards. I finally settled on this Crate Paper. I think it looks fairly masculine. Don't you? I used Beate's weekend sketch. Very simple sketch. I could have dressed it up a little, but again, masculine was the key. He probably wouldn't care for all the glitter and what not I could have added anyway.

I went to Michael's last week and they had all their craft foam tubs with all the different shapes on sale for $4. Ethan really likes playing with them. I got a letters, numbers and animals tub for him. He really likes to spell words. I just give a piece of construction paper and he does the rest! The foamies already have adhesive on the back so that makes it really easy.



It keeps him busy at his little table in my room while I'm busy at mine! Thanks for looking!

SUPPLIES:
cs: Bazzill
pp: Crate Paper
ink: Stampin' Up
stamps: Hero Arts
punch: Stampin' Up
embossing template: Cuttlebug

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Masculine cards aren't easy. I like what you came up with though. Dry embossing is cool! Your bil will like it.
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch.
Hugs and smiles

1:10 PM CST  
Blogger KVC said...

I like the foam shapes and letters too. Last time I brought them out when my niece and nephew visited, they went a little crazy with them. I'm still finding the remnants of that little arts & crafts project!!

8:23 PM CST  
Blogger ChrissyM said...

I agree masculine cards are not easy, I always struggle with them. Your card turned out great, very nice!

11:45 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Powered by Blogger